Friday, January 13, 2012

It's all about to begin


I love my new little camera "Dinky".  I love that I can carry it in my pocket when I go to do chores.  I love that I can carry it in my bag when running errands.  And it really takes good pictures.  I have been playing with all the buttons and dials.  And I can't wait to take a panorama!  The Little Man is not so excited about "Dinky".  He sees me and it's always the same.  "Mom, do you have that camera?"  "If you do, don't take any pictures of me!"  So I have to be a little more sneaky..:)

Yesterday the weather turned very cold here in Indiana.. We have been very lucky with warmer than normal temperatures.  But this am it is 18 with 30 plus mile an hour winds.  So it's a little blistery out.  We are going to go into high gear with hauling manure.  Then the calving pens are going up in the barn.  And then we will wait for the miracle that amazes me every time.

I have decided to try and go into more depth with a lot of what goes on and what we do around here.  I hope to not offend anyone.  I want to show how farm life is and why we love it.  It's not glamorous, it's hard, it's heartbreaking, it's long hours.  But it's also rewarding, it's wonderful and it's what we love.  I hope you enjoy it as we go into more detail of the cattle, crops, forage and the shows.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Stay safe and warm......

1 comment:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Farm life is great I am so happy you will be explaining what it is all about. B