Thursday, June 2, 2011

We've Been Honored...


We recieved this award!  Ellen over at  Life on a Real California dairy farm bestowed this award upon us.  Thank You! We were truely surprised.  I haven't gotten an award since I was in FFA in high school.  With this award comes some fun stuff.  So let's get started.  The rules that come with this award are to thank the person who gave it to you, link back to their blog and pass it along to other deserving bloggers.  Then you must reveal seven things about yourself.  So here goes!

1.  I have a wonderful husband of 11+ years.  We met while working at a farrow to finish hog farm.(so romantic)  We started dating in June after working together for about 6 months.  We got engaged in October.  And then married in March.  Whirlwind Romance!

2.  My kids keep me young.  I love watching them and seeing what they will say or do next. Our son is 10.  Our daughter is 8.  She is the first girl in Mr. Ms family in 4 generations. 

3.  8 years ago in August I lost my best friend and mother to Gastric Carcenoma(stomach cancer).  She fought her battle of 4 short months after being diagnosed.  And in honor of her a year later I cut 16 inches of my hair off and donated it  for a wig.

4.  I LOVE animals!  I think the more the merrier.  And I have passed this along to our children.  They know it too, because they get most of the critters they ask for.  But my favorite animal is cattle.

5. I don't own a dress.  I hate them.  I'm a jeans, long sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt, bare foot kinda girl.

6.  I haven't had anything carbonated to drink in over 5 years.  I drink a lot of sweet tea.  I have a stomach that hates me and had to have it and my esophagus repaired 2 1/2 years ago.  So carbonation is a big no, fried/greasy food minimal and very litte bread/pasta. 

7.  I stay home full-time.  My days are busy though.  I take my kids to school everyday.  Help with the feeding, cleaning and general care of our livestock.  We currently have 20+ beef cattle, 1 horse, 2 lambs, 2 pigs, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ducks, 40+ layer chickens, turkeys and meat chickens. Oh and 1 hamster!  Then there's all the domestic stuff too!

I hope you learned something you didn't know about me.  And Thank You again Ellen!  Now it bestow the honor on a few of fellow bloggers.  I have several that I love.  But I will pick a few.  You should stop by and take a look at their blogs.  You might meet a new friend.  We also have a list on our home page that you might like to check out.  Have a great Thursday..





Congratulations to the blogs above! Have fun stopping by and visiting with them.  They all have something unique about their blog.  And they always inspire me...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome!
Thanks, I'll get a post on this done asap. :)

Marli said...

AWWW! You are so sweet! I am honored that you posted my link! You are a blessing to me!

The Wife said...

How did I miss this? I came over and read about your history trip! Geez Louise! Thank you so much. I don't know if I have 7 things to tell about myself!