Tuesday, October 25, 2011

hair do or dont

I have recently found myself is a strange place.  I have more hair on my head at this point than I have in over 8 years.  In 2003 my best friend and mother died from complications of stomach cancer.  I decided I wanted to do something to remember her by.  At the time my hair was almost to my butt.  So I went to the hair salon and commenced to have it pulled into a ponytail and chopped off.  Over 18 inches of hair gone.  Well I went for the whole enchilada, and cut it to about 3/4 of an inch all over my head.  And it was such a liberating feeling.  Someone got a beautiful wig to wear and I got the feeling of helping someone. 
So for 8 plus years I have kept my hair short.  It's easy peasy.  Then last October I decided to grow it out a little.  It's been a struggle.  I have wanted so often to cut it off.  But finally after a year.  I have what I think is a decent style.  I kept it short in the back and longer on the sides.  And for the first time it gets in my eyes.  I can feel the wind blowing through it.  And I get to play around with it a little.  But the best part, I gave something to someone.  Hair is just hair to me, but to someone that has lost it due to illness it is an ego booster to have it back.  So next time you are over your do, just donate it! You will feel awesome and make someone else feel beautiful.  Happy Tuesday to you.

6 comments:

Jill aka Mommacita said...

Short....stay short! Be liberated!! I like it short.....and need someone to stay short with me!!

memory said...

i personally love your hairstyle. i looks great on you!

Marli said...

i am wanting to grow my hair out and get it cut for locks of love. it is passed my shoulders... i love your hair. it fits you....

Buttons Thoughts said...

I like short also. You are such a caring person that is truly a great gift. I like your hairstyle now. B

Rachel said...

I gave hair the last time I really cut it... and it was quite short then.
Love you hair do!

Crystal Cattle said...

Very cute, and I love your family picture. I am growing mine out right now for my wedding in April. This is the longest it have been in four years!

www.crystalcattle.com