Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Boy

Our Little Man had surgery on his right foot on Tuesday for curly toe (hammertoe).  He had his left foot done in May of this year.  We decided to wait till December to do the other.  He has to wear a heavy air cast boot for 4 weeks, keep it iced and elevated, and no weight or walking for at least 6 days.  So that would have meant no swimming, showing, running barefoot, riding his bike, all the things that a 10 year old boy enjoys on summer vacation.  So he and I have had a lot of bonding since Tuesday.  He yells and I go for him..  I hope he remembers this when I'm old and need him.  On Monday he goes back to school.  And he's pretty excited about that.  He hates having to sit in the recliner or lay on the couch.  He's done really well for a boy who has never had a broken bone, hospital stay or any major anything other than asthma.  So this weekend we will snuggle down, eat popcorn, watch movies and just hang out.  Then one day this weekend they are going to spend the day with Grandma so daddy and I can spend the day together.  Have a great weekend!


The piggies this spring before the surgery

resting on the couch in the spring

out getting dirty, because he had to sit down for too long


I was not allowed to take any new pictures of this go around.  He's getting good at grumbling at me whenever he sees the camera pointed at him.  So I didn't do it soo far.  But when he sleeping who knows what will happen.  lol

3 comments:

Marli said...

yay for bonding time! :) i hope he heals quickly.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Praying for a speedy recovery!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I am glad it is all over and he sounds like he is doing fine. B