Monday, August 22, 2011

Happiness

It's Monday once again.  I'm home with just the animals.  The babes are off to school and Mr. M is at work.  As I type this, the dog is snoring, a bird is chirping and the neighbors dogs are barking.  I just watched a video of the cutest little boy.  His parents tried for 6 long years to have him and they are photographing/videoing him at every chance.  It's the simple things that make you happy.
 We spent the weekend in Michigan.  We have started going every August.  We charter fish, hang at the beach and just relax and be.  That's hard for us.  But Mr. M and I have realized the babes are growing fast and these are the things we need to do for our family.  Because outside of the four of us, nothing is more important.  Happiness is only what you make it.  If you spend all your time go, go, going what are you really enjoying.  Sometimes you just have to say no.  Sometimes you should not talk but listen.  And sometimes you should just sit and be.  So have a great week, I know I will!

1 comment:

Buttons Thoughts said...

This is so true you touched my heart with your wonderful insight. We work very hard as you do and it is very easy sometimes to forget the important things in life. Our kids do grow up very fast. They are years you never get back. Take care. B